I've been wanting to start a blog for some time now, but embarrassingly enough until not too long ago, I really didn't even know what a blog was. But, I decided to start one for a couple reasons:
1. My friend, Jen, has an amazing Blog that I enjoy reading almost daily. I feel like I talk to her a couple times a week and know what's going on in her family when in reality, we really only get to catch up during our coveted Archiver's scrap nights. So, my hope is, since I haven't been nearly as good at sending out updates since #3 came along that you will be able to check-in with us at your leisure and feel connected to our family and know what's been happening somewhat with our lives.
2. I heard a saying once that is oh so very true especially for stay-at-home moms, I think. "The days can be long, but the years very short!" Too many days go by when the house is quiet at night, and I am just very thankful for the peace...especially when Matt is traveling. While I know this blog won't change that fact, I do think it will help me in finding those moments throughout thee day that I want to capture for you, that I want to remember to write about. I will be searching for moments. Sometimes, I'm afraid, those precious moments are all too easy to lose.
3. I'm hoping that someday my kids will look back at this as a sort of "scrapbook" of memories. As you see in the "About Me" section, they won't get those wonderful scrapbooks from me, but maybe they'll find some joy in reading these entries...hopefully for many years.
So, here's to a start to keeping in touch with us...I'll post updates (I know many of you are still waiting for Sawyer's 9 month stats...and he was 10 months the other day!), pictures of the kids, funny things they say (so hopefully I don't forget either), and just generally sharing a bit of the this and that in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment