Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Our Dear Lainey!!!

Today is Lainey's 5th Birthday! I can hardly believe it. It's hard to believe that 5 years ago today I was delivering the most wonderful gift I could have imagined. As soon as I looked at that little girl...my heart melted, and I was completely and totally in love. Just look at her today. She is smart, adorable, kind-hearted, genuine, funny, loving, lovable, responsible, and just an all-around wonderful kid! We have been SO, SO, SO blessed! Thank you, God, for this amazing child!

We had a great day today! It was very fun to have her so excited for her big day. Here are some highlights:
She woke up to streamers hanging in her doorway and balloons scattered about. She was thrilled enough with just that!





She then had a candle in her pancakes and 'Happy Birthday' singing right away. Again, thrilled. Oh...it's the little things.

She was snack helper at preschool so brought frosted cookies and milk. She lives to be snack helper! Another little thing that meant so much. She also brought home the birthday bag from school...oh, the fun we had going through that! :-)

After her nap, just she and I played a game before the other kids were up (miraculously, Sophie slept today)! The kids then played with balloons some more. And...Daddy delivered a flower right to our front door!
Lainey's favorite restaurant is Hu-Hot Mongolian Grill, so that's where we went for supper.





Then, it was home for cake and ice cream and gifts...she waited oh so patiently all day, never asking once to open her gifts early. (For the record...Sophie kept her gift a secret all day long...so proud of her!)


Sophie's gift to Lainey...an SUV for her dollhouse. I don't know who loved it more. :-)



After cake she had to feed her baby and put her to bed. ...a little mommy for sure!

So, as you can see it was a WONDERFUL 5th birthday for our little sweetheart.
I cannot say enough how very blessed we are!

1 comment:

Crys said...

Pretty sure I want a birthday at your house. How much fun would it be to wake up to streamers, balloons, and pancakes?!