Tuesday, May 22, 2012

4-H Speech Contest


On April 3, both girls participated in the Sarpy County 4-H Speech Contest.  I was a part of 4-H growing up, and I am so thankful for that opportunity my parents gave me.  I feel 4-H instills so many skills and qualities in kids.  I not only learned sewing, baking, first aid, babysitting, etc...but I gained many skills as well, public speaking, presentation, interview judging, accepting judgement on what I've done, etc.  I'm excited to start my kids on this same adventure.

We joined a great group this year and look forward to many wonderful experiences throughout the years.  This year both girls fall into the Clover Kids category which means they can participate in 4-H activities and receive participation ribbons...but not have to worry about getting a 'judgement' ribbon (ie. purple, blue, red and white).

The girls each memorized a poem for the Speech Contest.  They did such an amazing job, learning their poem then getting up in front of people to recite it.  Afterwards they had to interview with a judge regarding their piece.  I was SO proud of how they did....all the way around!

Way to go Lainey and Sophie!  ♥

 Lainey after reciting her poem

 Interview judging after her poem

 Sophie before reciting her poem

 Interview judging

 My girls! ♥

 Daddy and Sawyer supporting the girls

 Uncle Scott was in town for a meeting and was able to swing by for the speech contest.




 Lainey's 1st 4-H ribbon!

Sophie's 1st 4-H ribbon!

No comments: