Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Day of Firsts

Pre-School

Today was Lainey's first day of Pre-School at Wee Lambs here in Gretna. It's her second (and last) year there. (Thank goodness she's not in Kindergarten yet!) I get to have one more year at home with my babe. :-) She goes three mornings a week...Mon-Wed-Fri...9-11:30. She was SO excited to get to school and ran out of the room when I picked her up exclaiming, "Mom, I had such a super fun day!" I am so very thankful that she loves school and learning.






Haircut

Today was Sawyer's first haircut as well! He did SO well. I just had her scissor cut it. I wasn't quite ready for the clipper-cut. I'm heading to Colorado this week for 7 days for a friend's wedding with Sawyer and will have the kids' pictures taken when I return so wanted to get everyone cleancut and ready now. There's something about the first cut that immediately transforms the little babes into kids. It did that with Sawyer too. And...as evidence by the pictures...he had his first sucker too since he was such a good kid. Boy...he grabbed hold of that and DID NOT let go! What a sticky hairy mess we all were when we left. :-)

Before......



During....it was a long process, but he did well


After!




Yummy 1st sucker



Lainey's & Sophie's cute new do's



First Car Ride with Buddy Nolan

Sawyer took his first solo car ride without the girls with a little neighbor buddy, Nolan, who lives right across the street. Nolan is almost 15 months old. Sawyer had a best friend right away. Nolan was a little shy and might need a little warming up to the idea, but I definitely see some future trouble-makers!

No comments: