We celebrated Father's Day on Saturday the 20th, a day early. Sunday we celebrated our nephew, Keaton's 2nd birthday party.
Saturday morning the girls and Sawyer gave Matt his cards they made for him. They then walked him down the street to our neighbor's garage where we had been hiding his Father's Day present. We got him an in-ground basketball hoop! He was very surprised and excited...as were the kids! I'm most excited because he loves it and will use it with the kids, the kids love it, and I know a lot of great memories will be created. We grilled up steaks and sweet potatoes and sauteed mushrooms along with some of Matt's other favorite foods for lunch. And, I drove to Kearney for the birthday party while he slept and listened to his iPod (well, and helped tend to the kids when needed too along the way...it can't be all relaxation.) :)
Happy VERY late Father's Day to all the great dads, especially Matt, my dad, and my father-in-law! A good dad is SO important!
The girls walking dad into the neighbor's garage with his eyes closed of course.
1 comment:
I'm very proud to be your dad Wendy. It's easy (now!)
Dad
Post a Comment