Friday and Saturday night the kids vacationed in Kearney with my parents while Matt and I attended the Miss Nebraska pageant in North Platte to support his sister, Mollie, the reigning Miss Southeast. She did wonderfully, and we were so glad we were able to be there! Congrats, Mo! (By the way..not sure what was up with my neck in this picture...maybe I was feeling a little short????) :)
We decided to take the kids to Casa Bonita for the fine dining experience :) on our way into Denver. Well...take away 'fine dining' and they LOVED the experience! Matt and I have fond memories of going their as kids and watching the cliff divers and puppet shows. Sophie and Lainey enjoyed hitting the pinata too. Thankfully, we decided to take this last minute detour. Had we not, our path would have connected with one of the tornadoes that touched down and golf ball sized hail on the way to our hotel.
We enjoyed some wonderful time with our friends, the Roy Family. The kids had a great time swimming at the hotel. Left to Right: Sawyer, Sophie, Madeleine, Lainey and Emma. Baby Ben is not picture (who, I must add, might just be the best baby in the world!) I only heard him cry once the entire time we were there, and that was when he was sleeping in the night and couldn't find his pacifier!
My wonderful friend, Annemarie.
The kids and dad getting ready to head to the pool..again...up in Breckenridge. Thankfully they had a great indoor pool and baby pool! We cut our planned stay up there short. The highs were 42*. It was just too cold to do much outside stuff with a 5, 3 and 1-year-old. :(
Lainey and Sophie up in Breck acting silly. In packing for our summer vacation, I packed lots of shorts and tank tops of course. I packed one pair of jeans and one long-sleeve T-shirt for each person. Plus, everyone had a jacket. So, these are borrowed sweatshirts...and thankfully the condo had a washer and dryer. :)
Isn't Colorado BEAUTIFUL?!?!!! Here Lainey, Sophie and Sawyer are showing you their ages. :)
Vacations are SO much fun...doing all sorts of fun stuff you don't do at home...too many bubbles in the tub...jumping on the beds...LOTS of whipped cream and candy on your sundaes...staying up WAY too late.... :)
Acting silly up in the mountains.
As mentioned earlier, the weather in Breckenridge was just too cold. But, the weather in Denver wasn't really great either. It was mid- to upper 60's while we were there. But, coming back down from the mountain did give us some time to see friends. We stopped to see my friend, Denise. We surprised her at work with a Diet Coke. I used to work with Denise and we would take Diet Coke breaks during the day. It was great to catch up with her.
We met our friends, The Maggio's, at Parker Days in Parker, CO. Sophie had a little mishap when we arrived and fell scraping her nose. But, that was fixed with a princess tattoo band-aid. She fit right in at the carnival. :)
Lainey on the carousel. Sawyer did SO well since he wasn't able to ride any of the rides the other kids were going on and just had to sit in the stroller the whole time on this chilly/rainy night. Plus, it got pretty late. He was such a trooper!
The girls went on all sorts of rides I NEVER would have expected...and LOVED them. Just goes to show they are not always their mamma's daughters! :)
1 comment:
Wendy,
It looks like you had a wonderful time!! Love the mountains in the summer - it's so beautiful and peaceful there. I would love to get together with you! The kiddos are getting big and they are so cute!! Let's talk soon! Love, Ann
Post a Comment