Monday, August 24, 2009

KINDERGARTEN!!!

She did it! (I did it!) Lainey started Kindergarten last Thursday (Aug. 20th) at Squire John Thomas Elementary (Thomas Elementary) here in Gretna. She LOVES school! Although she comes home completely and totally exhausted, and we're still working on getting used to a routine...we're on our way. I shed some tears before the day...but not during...and none that she saw...but I walked my baby to the door and watched proudly as she handed her teacher the papers from her backpack, hung it up in her cubby, and took her seat...just as she was supposed to do. I let go of her little hand only to watch her wings begin to spread...and I just can't wait to see how she will fly!
Back to school night...putting the assigned supplies in the baskets.
Lainey with her teacher, Mrs. Rippe. We're going to LOVE her!
Lainey with helper, Mrs. Foley.
Mrs. Carter...another helper

Getting ready to read "The Kissing Hand" before bed on Kindergarten Eve

Corny picture, I know...but her first lunchbox lunch for school. I made her a card to pack in her lunch. She loved it.
Our big girl on her first day of Kindergarten...Lainey Ann...5 1/2 years old.
Sophie and Sawyer were pretty excited for Lainey too!
-------------------------------------
A couple days before school started, I decided to let Lainey ride the bus. It literally drops off and picks up at our corner. She was so excited! I drove her to and from on the first day, so here are some pictures from Friday.
Lainey waiting for the bus.
Heading to her first bus ride.
Here comes the bus home from school!

Lainey heading off the bus.

She was so excited to see Sophie and Sawyer...maybe me too? :) Just look how cute she is!
----------------------------------------------------------
A little warning before you start watching the video...it's about 8 minutes. :)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

We loved the slide show! We know that our little Miss Lainey has a very bright future ahead! We're looking forward to this weekend!
Loves & Hugs,
Grammy Ruth & Grandpa Monte

Unknown said...

I cannot believe that she's in school! It was so fun to watch the slideshow...she's changed so much! I hope her first week of school was a great one, and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Love,
Aunt Mo