Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Durham Western Heritage Museum

Tonight we made a spur of the moment decision to head downtown to the Durham Western Heritage Museum...our first visit there. We're fortunate to live in a city that offers so many different venues, and we often don't take advantage of the different activities. So, tonight we loaded up and headed down to visit Santa, participate in crafts and drink hot cocoa, see the largest decorated tree in the region, and view a pretty neat museum!


Lainey seeing Santa for the first time this year...what a cutie she is! :) This picture just makes me smile. How I love her so!

Look at Sophie beaming on Santa's lap! I had to smile as she was hoisted up there because as I asked her throughout the day what she was going to ask Santa for...all slipped from her mind as she looked at the jolly old man in red...and quietly said, "Barbie". She looks so little sitting there...I just cherish her and the light in her eyes this Christmas season!

I wondered how Sawyer would react to Santa. I didn't have to wonder long though as he ran right up to him and practically jumped onto his lap...and turned to give him a hug before he left. He is SO happy sitting there!...and I'm not even sure he really even gets who Santa is. :) Sawyer cannot get enough of the "Kismas Nights! Kismas Nights!" everywhere and every time he sees the glowing lights. It honestly makes my heart leap to hear him each and every time because I know he will probably not react this way to them next year. Oh...this little boy!! Oh...the excitement of a child!

I realize that I could have just posted this one picture of the kids with Santa...but since this is basically my diary/scrapbook as well as a way to stay in touch with all of you...I posted all individually too. :)

Gotta love a whipped cream mustache with a cup of hot chocolate!

Craft table! I don't need to say the kids LOVE this!

This picture doesn't do justice to the size or beauty of the tree. I should have asked how they got it in there. And, it really was neat being in the old train depot...we'll be back.

No comments: