Thursday, June 24, 2010

How can so much happen in a year?

Wasn't it just yesterday when I was dialing the phone, choking back tears and signing my baby up to ride the bus to school?  Yep...pretty sure it was.  Lainey had a fabulous Kindergarten year and grew up right before my eyes!  We were blessed with a wonderful teacher and paras.  Lainey made some good friends and had some great experiences!  She bounded off the bus the last day sporting a paper graduation hat full of the knowledge of reading, Math, spelling, performaning, respect, penguins, plants, writing, insects, money, time, etc. etc.  I don't remember learning SO much in Kindergarten...but then, I defiitely think times have changed.

Getting ready to enjoy the Gretna Last Blast Carnival with the kids...put on by the 3 elementary schools here in Gretna.  It was so much more than I expected.  We need to get there earlier next year!
Acting silly...eating grass before the carnival.
Lainey used 2 of her tickets on face-painting...beautiful!

We waited a long time for the face painting, but she sure did a good job.

Our little princess, Sophie!
Who doesn't enjoy some good Cotton Candy!?!

Another 2 tickets on Sandy Candy...gotta love spending money on colored sugar!  Why can't I think of these ideas?  :)

Helping at Lainey's insect day with Sophie and Sawyer.  FUN!  We volunteered to bring chunks of sod from our yard; it was eye-opening for us too to find some unwelcomed creatures in the soil.  :)

Lainey and the kids pulling out some earthworms!

The kids and I were back in the afternoon to help with a pizza/book party!


Lainey was the only Kindergartener out of all 6 Kindergarten classes to perform solo at her school talent show.  She choreographed and performed a dance routine all by herself!  This was a proud mama moment for sure!  :)

1st Day/Augst 2009   -     Last Day/May 2010

That evening we had a neighborhood end of school year firepit/party.  There was hoola-hooping, riding bikes, lots of laughing and running around and of course.....

SMORES!



No comments: