Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Baby Bumblebee

Sophie completed her first year of dance class this year and absolutely LOVED it!  She, like Lainey, seems to be a natural at dance (comes from her dad for sure) and loves the spotlight (again, dad).  May 15th Sophie had her rehearsal downtown at the Music Hall.  Her class danced to "My Baby Bumblebee" and "I Feel Good"...to which Sophie would yell out "Shu Gur" (instead of So Good).  Even after I told her what it should be, she simply wasn't convinced I was write and continued to yell out her own phrase...and I know she wasn't the only one yelling out her own version of the song.  The teachers maybe took it for granted that the girls knew the words to the song...or could understand what Mr. Brown was saying.  I had to smile because that, I'm pretty certain, she did get from me...you know, belting the song out, whether or not, I know the song.  :)  Sophie did a steller job during her performance, and the concert was well-done by all the dancers and a lot of fun to watch.
 
All of the Baby Bumblebees

Staying entertained before their performance
My darling little girl

Ahhh...

Performance time

Loving the stage

Sophie was SO excited to get flowers

Grandpa Marv and Grandma Ellen drove up and back going only to the concert.  (The kids were so confused.)  :)  It was a lot of driving for a 2 minute performance, but it was nice to have them there!  Uncle Scottie just happened to be up that weekend and was able to stay and watch the show.  Grandpa Monte and Grammy were just getting ready to head out on vacation, but we know they wanted to be there.

And the star of the show!



No comments: