Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

The kids and I had fun this morning drawing up our own city on brown paper.  I found this idea on a site linked from my friend Alison's page.  It was fun making this up with the kids...having them tell me what buildings they wanted in their city and especially what to name them.  Sophie thought of needing a gas station and naming it "Gassy's Gas Station."  We also had a Dr. Sawyer's Dr. Office, a fire station, Icy Ice Cream Store, and a couple others.


 Complete with Buzz Lightyear and Alien on the Teeter-Totter, Elmo on the Merry-go-Round and some army guy on the swings.  :)

 Little Ponies drinking around the lake at the pond.


The kids had a great time playing!  What a fun afternoon.


2 comments:

Amy said...

You are such a fun, creative mom!!

Wendy said...

Thanks, Amy. I wish I could take credit, but the idea was totally copied. Why re-invent the wheel, right? :)