This post was going to be about Sawyer's 1st Day of preschool...and that will be coming soon! But, instead, I'm getting some blogging therapy tonight. Today was just one of those days. There was some arguing among kiddos this morning; Sophie was throwing a fit about her hair...it just wasn't the happy 1st Day of School morning I wanted. Sawyer had a great first day, but he came home exceptionally whiny...yep, he was tired but wouldn't admit it. We went out to lunch together anyway. The girls got off the bus and the moment they walked through the door, the house erupted with...everything. ...tattling, picking, whining, crying, yelling. I even stepped outside to water plants for 10 minutes just to try and keep my composure. Yet, we still went to YoZone for ice cream because it was Sawyer's 1st day...and I had in my mind this idealistic afternoon that included ice cream.
Yep, sometimes it just is one of those days. Today I wanted the day to be...well, just right. It was one of those days that in heading to bed tonight, I reflect upon and wish I had done things differently, reacted differently. Not an A+ mommy day.
But, I am reminded of an insert from our MOPS Mentor Mom, from the book Becoming A Woman of Simplicity by Cynthia Heald:
O Lord, impress upon my heart how short life is. Give me wisdom to live as You intend. Let me be a woman who engages people and tasks wholeheartedly for Your glory. Help me to know how to deal with each day's distractions. Give me wisdom in knowing how to respond to interruptions. May I be fully present in Your presence and focused on anyone who crosses my path. May I learn to value each moment, for it is a gift. May I sanctify each day by living in simple and pure devotion to You. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Boy, how loud this spoke to me tonight. Sometimes it just is...time to be patient, time to stop and look at my children as the gifts they are, time to be so thankful for our health, time to lead by example, time to just stop and thank God!
And, so I head to bed...ready and renewed for the new day tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wendy-
This is exactly what I needed to hear today! Thank you!
Amy
We had "one of those days" yesterday too. I even gave myself a little time out on the porch :)
Post a Comment