Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Life-Saver


This is definitely not going to be the most exciting post I've ever done.  But, I do hope that it will prove to be helpful to you...as learning the info has been a life-saver for me.  

A couple years ago, my friend Tracey made an unfortunate trip to the E.R. with one of her boys (everything turned out fine).  In leaving, she made a comment to the nurse that her white top would be going in the trash.  There was blood all over it.  One day, I mentioned Sawyer has chronic nose-bleeds and it was ruining sheets, clothes, etc.  She told me about this little trick she had learned with Hydrogen Peroxide.  

When poured on blood, it "eats" it (using my sophisticated Scientific terminology).  Wash the item or garment normally after that (or rinse with cold water and repeat if necessary), and most of the time the blood stain is gone.  You may want to do a little stain spray after the peroxide before washing if you think it needs it.  (One tip...do not manipulate the stain first.  i.e. Don't wipe blood off a shirt with a wet-wipe.  But, the stain can be totally dried on.)  

This has saved me SO many times that I thought I really should pass this information on.  Although I hope you don't have to use it...as blood on objects usually means pain of some sort...or near-death as my kids would have you think...but if you do need it...this cheap little fix can come to your rescue too!



No comments: