Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back-to-School

I can hardly believe it's that time of year again...Back-to-School.  We did the school list shopping and even bought a few new items to wear.  But, it still didn't seem real.  We had our school open house and hosted our 3rd Annual Back-to-School bash last night.  But, until reading "The Kissing Hand" right before bed, it hadn't really hit me.  I swallowed hard and read slowly in some parts, then kissed each kids' hand...now it was real.  School is here.  Sophie is going to Kindergarten.  And, Lainey will be in 2nd Grade.  Sawyer will start preschool in a couple weeks.  Where did the time go?  I'm afraid to blink.

Doing a craft project at home...after getting home from doing a project at Create.  :) 

The kids' completed crosses. 

Sophie putting her school supplies in her cubby at Open House night. 

Lainey is SO excited to have desks this year in 2nd grade! 

Makings for the famous sundaes at our 3rd annual Back-to-School bash! 

love our neighbors 

One of my favorite things to do at our Back-to-School bash is dish out ice cream for sundaes.  I LOVE listening to the kids comment on all the toppings. 

Lainey's 1st day of 2nd Grade!  What a beautiful girl! 

Sophie's 1st day of Kindergarten!  She's so cute and spunky. 

Sisters at the same school! 

5 years old 

7 years old 

Siblings ♥ and the joys of my life! 






Mrs. Rippe (Lainey's kdg teacher too...LOVE her!) 

Mrs. Carter...helper 

Mrs. Stark...helper 

Sophie is ready for the year ahead! 

 Lainey and Miss Ellis

Our teacher gift we made for the teachers.  I found this on a cute blog.  It's SO easy just using Rolos, a Hershey kiss and cardstock.  FUN!  The kids were SO excited about them!


1 comment:

Becky said...

I just love Sophie's picture on your front porch on her first day of school. She looks like she is out to rock the school. And I just love that pencil idea so cute!!