August 5, 2011
.
For as long as I can remember, my dad has loved flying. He loves watching the planes at the airport. I remember when I was little, my dad taking me out to some runway and sitting on top of the van watching the planes take-off and land. He has always said that someday he would love to fly a plane.
So, for my dad's 60th birthday this year, we kids got him a couple flying lessons. I could hardly wait to watch him fly...to see my dad who has worked SO hard for us all his life and taken such good care of us, always putting his family before himself...bring a dream to fruition. Little did I know, I would get to go along. I had so much fun! It's a memory I will hold in my heart forever!
Dad and his 2 passengers pre-flight
The kids were excited to watch Grandpa.
Getting ready to take off
Flying over my parents' house
Platte River
Kearney Country Club golf course
Up and flying :)
My Dad ♥ at the controls
After the flight the kids got to climb inside the plane which they loved
Dad and Instructor Caleb
No comments:
Post a Comment