Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Three Special Days

_
September 12th
-

Sophie turned 6 years old on September 12th!  No way!  I absolutely cannot believe my little girl is 6, running to the bus everyday (literally running...she's a dawdler) :) and learning how to spell and read.  It sounds so cliche, but where oh where does the time go?  Her birthday also marks the time that we've been back here in Nebraska.  She was only 5 weeks old when we moved to Gretna.  Here are just a few of the many, many things that make my little girl so special!

*Creative!  This little girl is so creative!  I am honestly in awe of her drawings and artwork.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to listen to her play...the dialog she makes up, her imagination at work.  It's one of my most favorite things!
*Style Diva - Yes, this girl is into fashion.  She knows what she wants...and she does her own thing.  She has ideas about what to wear...what goes together (or in my opinion, doesn't) :) ...but then I think that when I watch the runway shows too.  She wants her hair curled, braided, and sparkled.  But, she's also a sweatshirt and leggings kind of girl.  ...so well-rounded :)
*Drama Queen - Oh, Sophie...there are many days I have to count to 10.  You think I'm not responding to you, but I'm just processing and calming before I react.  There have been so many times when falling on the sidewalk and scraping your knee has me sprinting over thinking your bone must be protruding from your leg.  But, it's that same drama that translates to some amazing performances.  You can think on your feet!  I've watched many a one-girl show...and they're good!
*Performer - As stated above, your acting talents really shine.  And, I just love when you perform Taylor Swift style on the fireplace ledge.  And, you really enjoy it.  You've been plotting your all-school talent show debut since watching Lainey last year.  I cannot wait!
*Lover - Snuggle, snuggle and more snuggling...that's my girl.
*Socialite - This little one LOVES to talk.  She LOVES her friends.  She wants to be in the mix of what is going on.  We heard it in parent-teacher conferences yesterday.  :)  If that's our biggest issue, I'll take it.

 Sophie with her pop star guitar cake
 birthday breakfast
 Sonic at school for lunch..just what she ordered :)
6 wonderful years!
-
September 21st
-

My baby turned 4 years old on September 21st!  Again, I just can hardly believe it!  Sawyer is loving his time at preschool, and loves his time at home too.  He can definitely keep up with his sisters and hold his own!  Sawyer is so special!  Here are just a few of the things that I LOVE about my little guy!

*Intelligent - Sawyer knows SO many things!  I attribute a lot of it to Lainey's love of playing school/teaching.  I'm just amazed when I listen to his reasoning, or we play a game and he's right on top of everything.  When we play concentration, his memory allows him to grab most of the matches.  He can count to 100 by himself, write his name very legibly, rhyme words, add small numbers, etc.  
*Funny - Sawyer is always making us laugh.  Sometimes he means to; he's really into jokes right now.  Other time it's the situation...or what he says (not meaning to be funny) that completely crack me up!  
*Sensitive - Sawyer is always concerned about how I am feeling.  If someone gets hurt, he is the first over giving a kiss or hug.  He loves to snuggle up and give kisses.  He is completely crushed if he misses giving Lainey and Sophie a kiss before they get on the bus in the morning.
*Temper - Yep, this little boy has a temper in him.  If things don't go his way or he's not happy about something (we've been working a lot on being a good sport recently) he gets downright mad.
*Helpful - I love having my little guy help me.  He's wants to help cook, loves to vacuum and just basically wants to take on responsibility.  It's so fun to watch him when his little being lights up because he has a task to do.  
*Competitive - I mentioned above we're working on sportsmanship.  Sawyer is very competitive.  He wants to race getting his socks on, race up the stairs, be the first one in the bathroom brushing his teeth.  Just about everything can become a competition if we're not careful.  :)

 Sawyer's requested pirate ship cake
 Sophie and Sawyer's combined birthday party at the YMCA
 Running through streamers first thing in the morning
 birthday breakfast
4 incredible years!
-
October 13th
-

We had a great day celebrating Matt on October 13th.  He started off the morning taking the girls to school and going on Sophie's field trip to Vala's Pumpkin Patch.  She was thrilled to have her dad there with her!  He took the day off so came home to do a couple things and relax a bit while Sawyer and I ran some errands in the afternoon.  He also golfed with a neighbor for his birthday and went to the big Gretna-Elkhorn football game with another friend.  We enjoyed dinner as a family and a homemade yellow cake with salted caramel frosting.  It was fun to celebrate him.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy birthday Sawyer, Sophie, and Matt! You have such a beautiful family Wendy!!