Sunday, December 28, 2008

Neighborhood Party, Our Christmas, & Say Cheese!

Alas...I return. Oh, I so wanted to post these pictures before we left for our Christmas trek, but it kept getting pushed further and further down the priority list until it just was suffocated with other to-do's. Oh well...needs before wants.

So, before I get into our holidays (save that for my next blog)...I'll post pre-Christmas pictures.

You might want to grab something warm to drink (add a little something special in there...if you know what I mean) because there are a lot of pictures about to come your way!

Annual Neighborhood Christmas Party

We are fortunate to have great neighbors. Every year our street gets together to celebrate the holidays. One of our neighbors is gracious enough to host. The kids have a great time, and we adults enjoy catching up as well (the cold weather puts a halt to our weekend firepit gatherings).





Sophie telling her wishes to Santa (Matt) for a mermaid tail (a real one that would change her legs into a mermaid and make her swim like a fish) and goggles. (Seriously?!?) That's all she wanted this year...finally she followed her big sister and asked for a teddy bear as well. I tried telling her that the elves probably didn't make mermaid tails to which she replied, "Mommy, Santa's elves can make anything in this WHOLE wide world." (complete with large circling hand gestures) Santa had to leave a scroll hidden in the tree for Sophie explaining the elves just couldn't make a mermaid tail, and he left money for mommy and daddy to get her goggles as soon as it was warm enough to go swimming. She was satisfied with that. (Whew!)


Lainey receiving her hug from Santa. Her wants this year included a teddy bear and new crayons and markers.


Sawyer wasn't too sure about Santa at first until he started getting tossed around.


Good thing I sat on Santa's lap. I got almost everything I asked for this year!

OUR CHRISTMAS
We made reindeer cookies for Lainey's preschool program and to leave for Santa.



Lainey was excited to get her digital camera for Christmas.


Sophie showing off her new boots from Santa.

Sawyer was not quite sure what to think of it all.

Lainey got her teddy bear from Santa which she named "Cupcake."

Sophie fell fast asleep on the couch right before dinner after playing and playing in her room during nap time.
**Lainey's comment that night at dinner**
"Mom, it sure is a good thing Santa came last night, so you guys didn't have to buy us all this stuff!"
WHY? OH WHY?
I have yet to understand why in the world I spent 45 minutes getting the kids dressed in their Christmas outfits and then another hour+ trying to get a Christmas picture...BY MYSELF...while Matt was in New Orleans. I think it's just one of those things that you envision in your head as going so smoothly...your adorable children with angelic smiles posed perfectly in front of the tree on the count of three as you say "Cheese" and click the camera...done, change clothes, no sweat...HA..HA..HA Here are a SMALL fraction of the pictures that lead to the Sheffield children 2008 Christmas picture. I stopped with the first one that looked decent. I won't tell you how long it took.







ALLELUIA!!! (I'll take it!)






2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, thank God! I thought I was the only one who broke a sweat and silently cursed trying to get a decent photo for the Christmas card. I must say, you got a goodie, though!

Crys said...

Your kids are so darling! Reading your thoughts is just like you're telling me this info. I absolutely can't help but smile when reading your blog.