This was my third trip to Seattle. The first time, Matt and I went and took Lainey when she was 5 months old just for fun. We had always wanted to go. We stayed in Seattle not far from Pikes Place Market and would walk everywhere we wanted to go. The second time we went was over the 4th of July 2007 when I was pregnant with Sawyer. We left Sophie at home because we thought it would be too much for her but took Lainey. We're hoping to go again sometime with the whole family; it's a great place to visit! And, we have fabulous hosts! :-)
Kim on the way to Silverdale, WA, where a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving dinner awaited us...prepared by Brian. Thanks, Brian! We shared dinner with his friend, Jake, who works with Brian and has no family in town and a fiance' who has not moved out to Washington yet. We had a great evening and poured over the sale ads when we were finished dinner. Yes...we were crazy enough to get up at 3:45AM to head out to brave the crowds. We got some good deals (but not as good as I remember in the past), and I had a great time shopping with my sister! Friday afternoon Kim treated me to an incredible spa afternoon at a resort. Am I spoiled or what?
Kim and Brian just moved into a new house. I was their first guest. A big reason I was out there was to help decorate...which I love to do, although you can't really tell looking at my house. We had fun shopping for accessories and getting things hung and arranged that they already had. We did some furniture shopping too. By the time I left, I think they were feeling a big more settled.
This is a view from the side of their house looking into part of their backyard. The people who lived there before them did a wonderful job landscaping.
Ahhh...one of the highlights of my trip! IKEA! We drove to Seattle on Saturday and shopped at IKEA for several hours. That's how long it takes to go through the store...literally. What Kim and Brian don't know is that I could have spent several hours more there. :-)

Thankfully, I do not live in Seattle because I fear this is what I would look like leaving IKEA. Fortunately, what I bought had to fit in my suitcases, so my purchases were quite small. But, I could do some serious damage at that store...and I could have oh so much fun decorating my house!

Thankfully, I do not live in Seattle because I fear this is what I would look like leaving IKEA. Fortunately, what I bought had to fit in my suitcases, so my purchases were quite small. But, I could do some serious damage at that store...and I could have oh so much fun decorating my house!
This is all that amounted from my shopping there...a small cry from my dream purchases. :-)
Sunday Kim and I ferried across to Seattle and Pike Place Market. (Brian met us later in the afternoon for some furniture shopping.) This is one of my favorite places. It is filled with so many fresh market finds.
No matter what time of year you can always find street performers at Pike Place Market.
Even on November 30, there was fresh produce galore. You can't tell but the green stuff in the front basket was a cross between cauliflower and broccoli. It was quite unique. They just have a bit of everything there...fruits and veggies...and often have samples of different types of produce.
There was also a fresh pasta stand that had every sort of fresh made pasta imaginable. They even had chocolate pasta and a recipe to go with it. The recipe was for a type of dessert with berries and cream. There were stands with fresh cheeses, jerkies, jams, dipping sauces and oils, etc. They also have stands that sell goods people make: lotions, soaps, crafts, paintings, etc.
Of course, you can't walk through without seeing the famous fish throwing. If you buy one of the fresh fish the guys hurl it through the air and wrap it up for you. I've never seen them drop one. Although they do have a "dummy" fish that they throw and drop...or throw into the crowd...to catch people off-guard. It gets me every time.
I bought two fresh crab for Kim and I to eat that night. YUM! (Poor Brian is allergic.)
They invited me behind the counter to get better pictures. I asked for them to be cracked...so Kim and I didn't have to work quite as hard. :-) So, they cleaned and cracked the crab for us. Then, the wrapped it and put it on ice.
Here we are enjoying the crab that evening. They were simply delicious. They just crack them a little but leave them in the shell. So, it's still fun. You have to work some to get to the meat.
Thankfully, I brought empty suitcases when I flew out there because they were packed when I came home. I managed to get all the gifts into these two suitcases and my clothes shoved into my carry-on. It was easier to leave my sister knowing she'll be home for Christmas in just a couple weeks, but having that time out there with her reminded me just how much I do miss her. Thanks, Kim and Brian, for a wonderful time!
No comments:
Post a Comment