Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving will be a little different for us this year. I am flying to Seattle tomorrow morning to spend it with my sister, Kim, and her husband, Brian. Matt and the kiddos will head to Kearney to my brother's house for lunch then on to his Grandma's or Grandpa's house later in the day. They'll then head to his parent's in Wallace tomorrow night and spend some time with Grammy and Grandpa Monte until heading home on Sunday. Matt took Monday off work to be with the kids but unfortunately had to fly out on Tuesday. So, my mom will head up Monday night to watch them Tuesday until I get home Tuesday evening. So, that's it in a nutshell. We'll all be with family...and that's what's most important.

It's funny because although I am with my kids every day, I will miss them like crazy these days that am I gone. To some, that just sounds ridiculous, I'm sure. Don't get me wrong, I am most definitely looking forward to spending some time with my sister and brother-in-law, seeing their new house and just relaxing....and...I would probably be scratching at the door ready for a break had I not just been in New Orleans for several days. But, Sawyer is taking about a dozen plus steps on his own now finally, and I am quite certain he will be walking completely by the time I get home. And, I just love my kids...what can I say? :-)

Now...with that all said...YES...I am very excited to head to Seattle...who wouldn't be? My sister and her husband just bought a house. I am their first guest! Although I am traveling all day Thanksgiving, there is certain to be a feast waiting when I arrive. I did remind them I am only one extra person. :-) We are braving the crowds Friday to shop then watching the Huskers on Friday! Fun! I am actually going to get to WATCH the game!!!!! :-) We are sleeping in...maybe taking naps...gabbing...catching up...I get to help her decorate!!!! I am super excited to do this. I love decorating; although you wouldn't know it to look at my house. I love helping other people though...when they ask my opinion. So, YES...it's going to be a blast!

Yesterday, we made turkey handprints to send to some of the relatives the kids will see this weekend. Tonight we made Oreo turkeys. The girls loved this project. Really, they love any craft project we do together. "This is the funnest day, Mom!" (What more could you ask for?)









Well...I'm off to finish packing me and the kids...


To finish...I couldn't be more thankful as I sit here for:
  • a God that loves us

  • beautiful healthy children

  • loving families

  • a husband that loves and supports me

  • a warm place to call Home

  • wonderful friends

  • employment

  • health

  • friendly neighbors

  • living in a world as I know it where I truly don't know fear

  • freedom

  • bountiful food

  • and so, so, so much more!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!











No comments: