Monday, November 24, 2008

You better watch out...

Oh! I forgot one of my other favorite things about the Christmas season.

"Santa is watching!"

With a 4 1/2 year old and 3 year old, I think it's really going to work well this year. Yesterday when fighting over a toy, I suddenly remembered that although it's still a couple days from Thanksgiving, it's really not too early for Santa and his elves to start keeping their eyes on little girls and boys...two little girls in particular. As soon as I took the toy and explained that if Santa or his elves had happened to see the girls fighting they were probably on the naughty list...the questions started flying and looks of concern flooded their faces.

"Mom, how does Santa see us?"

"How do the elves do their peeking?"

"Mom, what do elves sound like?"

"I think Santa is going to just come and ring our doorbell one of these days to give us a checking up on."

"I just don't know how Santa does it. He lives up there, and it's so cold. And, he has to take care of those reindeer too." (Lainey) "He better get Crack-a-lackin' " (Sophie)

"I think I can get back on the good list." (Lainey) "Yeah, me too!" (Sophie)

ALLELUIA!! (ME...silently in my head)....let's make this last

(Oh...and I had the most fun answering their questions too.) :-)

As I was getting ready to send this, I remembered that last night while eating dinner the phone rang. It was UPS, just a computer call, scheduling a pick-up. So, I didn't say a word. When I hung up, Lainey wanted to know who it was. I said it was Mrs. Claus calling to say that Santa saw the girls picking up their toy room and they were now on the good list. He was very proud of the great job they did. You should have seen those smiles from ear to ear!

What a FUN Christmas season this is going to be!!!

No comments: