Well...this post is one that has been written several times...in my head over the past 2 weeks. If I could just sync what I write in my head to the computer...I would have a new blog written at least every other day. :-) Hmmm...too bad I'm not super-techi and a neurosurgeon, I could score big-time with that one! Come to think of it, I'll probably see that in my lifetime. My reality is that blogging seems to get pushed further and further down my priority list, and although I enjoy doing it...come the end of the day...collapse into bed...or sit at the computer to do one more thing? Well...here it is 2 weeks later. :-) So, this post is one of several posts combined. And...it's going to be done as quickly as I can do it while the kiddos are napping...because I have LOTS on my to-do list yet. :-)
BOWLING
A couple weeks ago Lainey and Sophie met a little friend for an afternoon of bowling. It was both girls first time at the sport. We chose the mystic side, so the lights (or lack of them actually) made it even more exciting. They had fun, but if a game was just 5 frames that would have been perfect! :-) Oh, and I'm wondering how I can get those floors put in my house. The girls were hurling the balls down the lanes...no delicate form here...and those floors are indestructible! Watching them, brought back memories of my first time bowling. My family went together to Hill-Top lanes in Kearney...I think I might have been around 7??? Of course, there were no bumpers at that time (genius whoever thought of those!). And...it was manual scoring. Let's just say, at the very end of my game, my mom was putting creative happy faces in my zeros! :-)
SLEDDING...FINALLY!
The girls were finally able to go sledding on January 25th. Matt was home and there was snow on the ground. It was cold, but it was a good afternoon to bundle up and head down the hill. They were SO excited! They were equally as excited for the hot chocolate and marshmallows that awaited them when they came inside. As I write this today, it's beautiful outside (YEAH!) and the snow on the hill in our backyard is gone. I'm sure we'll see more snow yet this year, but for now the nice temps can stay as long as they like! :-)
Bundled Up!
QUOTES
Here are a two quotes from the girls (I have so many more but off the top of my head...):
After getting Sophie dressed the other morning, she darted in front of my mirror, placed her hands on her hips and exclaimed, "OK! Yep, I look good!" Just that quick she was off again. On one hand, I'm so glad she has confidence. On the other hand...oh my!
Matt and I are taking a Dave Ramsey class on Sunday nights so have been getting a weekly babysitter. While making dinner, Lainey exclaimed to me..."Mommy, you know, you are going out with daddy tonight. You really had better go and get ready." Wow...either I looked pretty in need of some sprucing up, or our date-nights need to be re-defined!!
WE NEED SPRING!!!
We need spring so badly to come to our house! I need to open the windows and Lysol everything! My poor little guy had to go to the doctor Wednesday morning. He's not feeling well..again. He had a horrible double ear infection, an infection in both eyes, a fever and basically just a nasty, nasty (NASTY) cold in general. The girls are both coughing some with a little runny nose but nothing too bad (knock on wood). So, can I say again, we need spring! Through it all, Sawyer is still a happy little boy though. Here are a few pics that I took...mostly for Matt because he wasn't here to see what he looked like when I was trying to tell him just how sad I was for him when he woke up with both eyes stuck together. :-( After antibiotics and Vigamox drops for his eyes he is starting to look and feel better. Anyway...hope you're all healthy as you read this!
Sawyer smiling through the pain. What a good boy!
Calling daddy to tell him he didn't feel good.
When talking to Sawyer you get a lot of number punching beeps and frequently get hung up on.

I told Sawyer to tell Daddy "Bye-Bye"....this is what daddy got.
I told Sawyer to tell Daddy "Bye-Bye"....this is what daddy got.
1 comment:
Nice to hear from you! We actually went to the Dave Ramsey live event in San Antonio a couple weeks ago, it was awesome. We have been fans for about 4 years now but this is the first time we had a chance to go to an event. Keep in touch!!
Post a Comment