Friday, February 13, 2009

MONA

As I sit down to write this, the snow is blowing quite hard and we're back to the wintery wonderland outside. Only yesterday we were playing outside in our jackets. Ahhh.... Oh well, I keep reminding myself that it is only February in Nebraska, and we're likely to have blizzards through March. But, the nice days are here a little more often...and we're trying to enjoy them as much as we can! Lainey did not have preschool this morning or her Valentine's Day Party. :-( Yet, I was the parent in the parking lot ready to drop her off. Shouldn't they announce school closings on the Disney Channel? :-) It wasn't even snowing when we woke up this morning, but it was snowing by the time we left for school. I've learned my lesson. :-)
But, this post is about our trip back to Kearney last weekend. Matt was asked to help judge the speech meets at UNK. So, we headed home. It's always nice to go home. The kids have a great time back. Different toys and projects...and most importantly...new dress-up clothes. I don't even know why I pack for the girls. :-) Plus, we get good meals...which is always a bonus! Saturday, The Museum of Nebraska Art (MONA) had a kids' day. We rarely take advantage of this really nice art museum Kearney has. I didn't go through it much when I lived there either. But, the art they feature and the artists showcased are really quite amazing! But...this day was for the kids. They had stations set up all over for the kids to create. It was fun. They had projects and activities for all ages. AND...the String Beans were there! It's one of our favorite kid bands. We didn't take time to sit and watch though...just listened as we worked..since the concert freed up some table space at the stations. Anyway, it was a fun afternoon. It was right during Sawyer's nap time which was a little tough. Thankfully, Uncle Scott strolled him around to see the art, listen to the music and enjoy the nice weather outside until the girls completed their projects. But, it was something new and different, and the girls had a great time!

The girls and their crane masks.

Even Sawyer got a crane mask.





By the end Sawyer was past the point of needing to leave...so this was a one-time shot. No re-dos. :-)

It was also just a gorgeous day to be outside! So, after naps, we went to the park. YIPPEE! What fun it was to just be able to swing again and go down the slides!

The girls racing around my parents' house to burn off some energy on this beautiful day! Always competitive they are!
Sawyer had fun mowing the lawn and just being outside. What a fun spring/summer this will be for him!

Swings again! :-)





It was a quick but fun weekend!

No comments: