Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2 of My Favorite Girls!

Let me just take a couple minutes to write about two of my most favorite girls.


Lainey and Sophie add color to my days. There is never a dull moment...or a moment of silence...when these two are around. :-) I simply adore them. When Lainey's first t-ball practice was cancelled Tuesday night due to winter weather (tired of it...just need to add), we decided to have an impromptu girls' night! What fun we had!!!
We grabbed a quick bite at home and headed out the door to the movies! First we stopped at Walgreens for some candy! and snuck in apple juice in my ginormous diaper bag/purse...sometimes it does pay to still have to haul that thing around. We made our way into 'Monsters vs. Aliens' just in time to see the movie start. I was a little apprehensive taking the girls to the movie...wondering if it might be too scary...even though it was animated. I promised we would leave if they were scared, but we all enjoyed it. It wasn't the best animated movie I've ever seen, but it was the best movie I've ever seen because I was cuddled on both sides the entire movie. On the way home we talked about the movie, preschool, what rhymed with hippopatomus, the next day, horses, you name it. :-) And...we listed to 'Junie B. Jones' in the CD player...our favorite book. It was the best girls' night out I've ever had!



I have to add also that April Fool's Day was just way too much fun with a 5-year-old and 3-year-old. They just fall for ANYTHING! I had the best day! :-) My intent was to tell them both that there was snow up to their windows this morning when they woke up. But, Matt was the one to go in and get them this morning, and I didn't see them until they were already downstairs. And, by then, I actually kind of forgot about April Fool's Day. Matt was able to take Lainey to preschool this morning on his way to work, and I remembered just as she was walking out the door. So, in all my last minute cleverness, I ran outside in my PJ's and looked around the side of the yard.

Mom: "Lainey, did you see the little Leprechans that just ran across the driveway?" (What can I say? It was last minute, and obviously St. Paddy's Day is still fresh in my mind.)

With the most priceless look of curiousity on her face, she darted along up beside me and looked and looked into the backyard.....until she finally inquired..."What's a leprechan?"

Mom: "It's a little green elf."

Lainey: "Oh! I can't quite see them. Where are they?!?"

Mom: "April Fool's!"

Lainey: Giggle, Giggle, Giggle of Glee that made my entire day!
She had known about the day...but had forgotten about it as well. I don't think Sophie really got it when we talked about April Fool's but she quickly caught on. Throughout the day, the girls would tell me here and there..."Mom, there is a spider in your hair!" or "There's a mouse under the table!" When I would get all freaked out, they would giggle and laugh and yell, "April Fool's!"

Then, they would beg me to "joke" them again....

When we pulled into the garage from Target about 2PM, I told them it was too late for naps. Although we had just eaten lunch, I told them it was actually time for dinner and then up for baths and bed. Hook, Line and Sinker! It was just too easy...and too fun! They laughed and laughed when they found out it was an April Fool's and recounted for dad at dinner. :-)

I'm sure I'll have to be slightly more clever next year with a 6-and 4-year-old, but I'm sure it'll be fun. I have never been a fan of April 1...until now. :-)

After dinner I got to listen to the two of them playing Barbie's. Both have imaginations I hope they keep.

At the risk of this being the LONGEST blog ever, I'm going to post the Interviews I did with the girls on facebook. So, those that are on facebook...you can just skip this part. :-)
INTERVIEW WITH LAINEY - AGE 5
1. What is something mom always says to you?
"I love you!"
2. What makes mom happy?
"When I clean up the toyroom."
3. What makes mom sad?
“When we don't pick up the toyroom."
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
“ by tickling me"
5. What was your mom like as a child?
“cute"
6.How old is mom?
"I don't know...23? Is that how old you really are, mom?"
7. How tall is your mom?
“30 inches"
8. What is your mom's favorite thing to do?
“spend some time with her girls"
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
“clean up...well, what do you really do when I'm not around?"
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
“I don't know what that means, Mom." (When, I tried to explain what it meant, she said, "So, you can make money.")...still doesn't quite get it. :-)
11. What is your mom really good at?
"Hmmm...sewing." Seriously??? I rarely do that. :-)
12. What is your mom not very good at?
“dusting" What?!? :-)
13. What does your mom do for her job?
“cleans and folds laundry and scrubbing the floor and takes care of us"
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
“I don't know what your favorite food is. Fish?"
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
“that she decorates our house"
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
"Hmmm...uhhh...Mickey Mouse"
17. What do you and your mom do together?
“watch movies"
18. Anything else you want to say about your mom?
“I like her. And, I love her too!"



INTERVIEW WITH SOPHIE - AGE 3 1/2
1. What is something mom always says to you?
"Don't Lie and Tell the Truth" and "I love you!"
2. What makes mom happy?
"If we play in the toyroom all nice."
3. What makes mom sad?
“If we fall down."
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
“tickle us"
5. What was your mom like as a child?
“All your toys..your teddy and your blanky" (No matter how many times I asked the question and tried to rephrase it, she thought I meant: What did you your mom like when she was a child?) :-)
6.How old is mom?
“23? 24? 25?"
7. How tall is your mom?
“37? 38?"
8. What is your mom's favorite thing to do?
“Play and dance and be silly with us"
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
"Hmmm...clean the house up."
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
“because you're pretty"
11. What is your mom really good at?
"practicing and dancing and cleaning house and doing jumps" Wow!
12. What is your mom not very good at?
“dancing" yep...I'd have to say she's right. :-)
13. What does your mom do for her job?
“go stamping!" :-) Awesome!
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
“Chinese" :-) Really?
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
“because you're so cute and smart and you love me" Wow...how lucky am I? :-)
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
“Handy Manny"
17. What do you and your mom do together?
“play games and read books"
18. Anything else you want to say about your mom?
“ABCDEF...Mommy...GHIJK...Mommy...LMNOP....
Mommy....QRSTUV...Mommy....WXYZ...Mommy...
Now, I know my ABC, Mommy, Now let's play, Mommy!" Ok. :-)



I just could go on and on. So, I'll just end with...at every age I say, "This age is my FAVORITE." But, these ages are my Favorites! Or...maybe it's just the kids. :-)

1 comment:

Crys said...

Seriously, this is one of the most touching blogs I've read. What a super treasure you're creating for your kids to have in the future. An entry can never be too long if it's spoken from the heart.