Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Like...

This is a Blog entry I've been wanting to do for awhile but just haven't gotten around to it. It's just a mix of stuff I like. Every once in awhile I'll update if I find something to add. My hope is that everyone that reads my blog will either post on their blogs similar entries (or just email me) products, recipes, and just stuff in general that you like too. BTW...if you have a blog, and you're not certain that I know you have one, will you send it to me?

THANKS! wend315@hotmail.com

Hope you're all enjoying this BEAUTIFUL day! After kiddos are up from naps we're heading right back outside! YIPPEE!


1.
I like...my Clorox Anywhere spray. It's so easy to clean up the counters after lunch and Sawyer's highchair. I even use it in the bathroom. It's not cheap though. So, I searched the internet, and I just reuse the bottle with a recipe that some other lady took the time to calculate. :-) Just use 1 and 1/2 tsp. Clorox to the 22 oz. water the bottle holds. Now I just use two bottles and rotate them out.



2.
I like...Dave Ramsey. Yep, this is going to surprise some people. But, we completed our Financial Peace University class a couple weekends ago, and I must say I really did enjoy it. It helped us get on the same page and really learn a lot about our investments and insurance and get us on a workable budget. Now, it's not always fun...but it is nice feeling empowered by our situation now and having a plan.




3.
I like...Calmoseptine. My pediatrician told me about this with Sophie when she had a bad diaper rash and nothing clears it up better. You have to get it behind the pharmacy counter, but it's not a prescription. It's not that cheap. But, it's worth it. It has really worked for us. This has been an exceptionally long winter for Sawyer and not feeling well, so we really probably should have bought stock in the stuff.

4.
I like...my crockpot and this french dip sandwich recipe. I love to be able to throw something in the crockpot in the morning and have it ready for supper. This french dip recipe is super easy and has really good flavor.
French Dip Sandwiches
rump roast
1 can beef broth
1 can water
1 package dry Italian dressing mix
1 package dry French au jus sauce mix
Put all ingredients in the crockpot. Cook all day on low. Meat should come apart easily when done. Shred or thinly slice and serve on hoagie buns or French sour dough buns and dip in the juice.
*I like to add mushrooms to the juice the last 30 minutes or so then serve on the sandwiches. You can also melt provolone or horseradish cheese on the sandwiches as well before serving.
5.
I like...my new Sanuk sandals. I really should say that I LOVE them! They make it clear that these are not shoes. They are indeed sidewalk surfers, a sandal-shoe hybrid, a shoe upper on a sandal bottom. They feel like you're wearing your most comfortable flip-flop merged with your favorite old sneaker. I'm in love. :-) You don't have to wear socks (and your feet don't stink). :-) The inside is literally flip-flop material. I plan to wear them spring, summer and fall. Now...again, not cheap. They were $52. For those of you that know frugal me (and my previous Ramsey post), it did about kill me to buy them...I had to use birthday and blow money..., but it was worth it. There was a pair that I loved more...an adorable khaki and brown zebra stripe, but I justified the price by getting the white knowing I would be able to wear them much more often. BTW...Sanuk they say means "Happy" in Thai, and I am. :-)


OK...so there it is...PLEASE, PLEASE share! :-)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Two yays for the Calmoseptine....the only thing I use on tiny tushes. :)

Great idea....I will for sure borrow it for my blog. :)

Wendi said...

I like many of these things too! Glad to know the recipe for Clorox anywhere spray - love that stuff!

Jacki said...

Love, love, love the Sanuk's too! I have a brown n white pair, Steve has two pair, and we even found them in kid sizes so Carter has a pair too (will pass those along for Sawyer when Carter ourgrows them). Actually, I think that I had them on the other day when you were here...they are now on sale for $36 at buckle.com.