1. Today was Lainey's Kindergarten Round-Up! Step One to the next 13 years that I will help mold her in her education quest. 13 years filled with reading and writing and math and science and projects and papers and planning and laughter and tears and programs and accomplishments and limits and growth and friendships and relationships and games and learning and... Wow...how quickly did this come!?!
2. Step One of my 12-Step Program (or however many steps it's going to take) to use this blog as my on-line therapy to get me through my baby heading off to Kindergarten. Prepare yourselves! :-)
Lainey was SO, SO, SO excited today. We talked that today was just a practice day for Kindergarten...that it would be much shorter than the actual day...that she might not have the same teacher when she actually starts kindergarten that she had today...that 'real' kindergarten won't start until after summertime...but that she was going to have FUN! She might see some friends she knows from preschool...she might not know anyone and get to make some new friends today. Either way...she didn't mind...she was just ready to go. Yeah for me! Today wasn't hard...after all, it was only 2 hours...and August is a long time away! :-)
I know it's my job to give her wings and all...but sometimes I just want to hold her tight for a little bit longer. I'm not ready to blink and see that black cap and gown. So, today was a good practice for me too. Step one...2 hours...helping to let go. I wonder who this was really for?
1 comment:
Oh, Wendy! You have no idea how much you and I are on the same page right now!! Kindergarten looming has me on a roller coaster!! You are not alone!!!!
Post a Comment