Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Circus & Memorial Day Weekend

In an effort to save time once again, I am lumping my posts together. No creativity here. In fact, I see that has become a trend lately. Last Thursday the kids and I did an up and back trip to Kearney too see the Shriner's Circus with my mom and Uncle Russ, Aunt Mandy and Keaton. As the circus goes, it wasn't fantastic, but to the kids it was nothing short of spectacular. They had never seen a circus before. They were in awe of so many things. I had more fun watching their faces than watching the circus.


We drove to Axtell on Saturday and spent a wonderful evening with Matt's Grandma Elaine. What a wonderful woman!


Sunday we went over to Russ and Mandy's house for a BBQ to celebrate my mom's birthday. We had a great lunch followed by swimming & popsicles for the kids and yogurt pies for dessert. It was a great day!


Monday we went to Axtell for the town's annual Memorial Day celebration. We had a good meal in the gym followed by the town parade. The kids thought it was great watching the tractors, firetrucks, clowns...and especially hauling in ALL the candy! Matt was able to play in the charity 3-on-3 basketball tournament to end the day.


The girls rode home to Wallace with Grammy and Grandpa to spend the week attending Vacation Bible School. They are having a GREAT time...and I just finished day one of our weekend garage sale. It went pretty well. I swore after the last one that I wouldn't do it again. Never say Never....isn't that what they say? :-)


Hope you had a wonderful extended weekend!







The kids got to play at Grandma and Grandpa's house for awhile before the circus. The girls spent quite some time bathing their babies outside...over and over and over again. :-)
The kids were waiting for the circus. Lainey was sad because she left her camera in the van.


The thing I LOVED most about the circus was watching the kids' faces.
Keaton and Sawyer "sharing" a box of raisins. :-)

Walking to the van after the circus. The kids love being together!

Celebrating my mom's birthday at Russ & Mandy's. It wasn't that warm, but to kids if it's sunny...it's warm enough to get out the pool and sprinkler. They had been waiting all day for this!

How relaxing!

Sawyer and Keaton watching the beetles and ladybugs the girls were catching.

Happy Birthday, Dear Mom/Grandma! We LOVE you! Thanks for EVERYTHING you do for all of us. You're always there to help us out and do whatever it is that we need. I appreciate you even more now that I'm a mom. :-) LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Taking a break and eating frozen yogurt pies while Grandma opened presents. What a fun day!
--------------------------------------------------

Memorial Day in Axtell, NE!


Watching the parade with Grammy and Grandpa on Axtell's Main Street.

The Sheffield Kiddos...what cuties. :-)

Grandpa Monte & Sawyer

The kids watching the parade with their cousin, Aldyn.

With Great-Grandma Elaine...we love her. :-)


Fun times were had by all!




No comments: