Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was cold and wet but that didn't stop us from doing our landscaping and planting as we had planned. The kids started off the morning all making me buttered toast. They helped dad get the garden ready and found all sorts of worms and a frog...which made their day! Despite the cold and rain we spent the day outside. I'm crossing all appendages in hopes this doesn't lead us to yet another trip to the Doctor's office this week. :-)

Working together to make me toast. Sawyer ate the first piece. The second two pieces were burned crispy. The third batch was just right! :-)


My BLESSINGS!

There are a lot of worms in that bowl.

Sophie informed me this was the baby worm of the family they were finding.

Getting the garden ready.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wasn't able to be with my mom today, so I sent her 5 texts as she was at two of my cousins' graduation parties:
"Reason #5 why I love my Mom: You put me in 4-H & went through one week of hell every summer right before fair just so I could grow up to be a well-rounded individual!"
"Reason #4 why I love my Mom: You will drop everything because I need your help."
"Reason #3 why I love my Mom: You taught me how to save my husband as much $ as you save yours by always shopping sales! :-)"
"Reason #2 why I love my Mom: You're one of my best friends."
"Reason #1 why I love my Mom: I've never doubted for a moment how much you love me!
Thank You! Happy Mother's Day!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers...my mom, mother-in-law, our grandmothers. It truly is the best job I've ever had...the most rewarding and the most important. I feel so blessed that God has entrusted me to mold these three BEAUTIFUL people. I wouldn't want to be anything else!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I had to add a couple pictures of our little boy we got back last Friday. He was looking a little shaggy I noticed in my last couple posts. :-)



No comments: