It has been a long winter around here. The kids (and I) are yearning to get outside! Lainey didn't have school on Monday (15th), and we HAD to do something different! :) Lainey loves doing centers at school, so we set some up here at home. It worked like a charm! We had 8 centers, and the kids spent 10-12 minutes in each center. The kids did SO well...even Sawyer. They had to stay in their center and work independently...and clean up their center when the timer beeped to switch. I was so proud of them! The best part is that they were so excited about it! We will definitely do it again on our next day off or snow day (hope we don't have one of those again...but I'm not going to count it out quite yet). :)
Lainey in the Reading Center
Sawyer making his candy necklace...next time around was stringing beads center
Sophie in Coloring Center
This was originally supposed to be the Wii Center but after not being able to get the Wii to work we switched it to the Lego Center...and I'm glad we did!
The Puzzle Center
Dress-Up/House Center...we also had Baby Center as another one the kids liked too
Playdough Center
What a FUN day...with very little fighting and lots of creativity! Ahhhh....
2 comments:
BRILLIANT idea!! What a studious bunch!
Very clever! :)
Post a Comment