Saturday, February 20, 2010

Projects

Lainey has been studying penguins at school and needed to do a penguin project for class. It could be anything she wanted. I remembered when I was little making a paper mache penguin out of a lightbulb. So, I googled it and showed it to Lainey, and she was quite excited about the idea. Plus, it was really something that she could completely do herself...with just some guidance. And, what a fantastic job she did! Her penguin looks amazing!


Starting the paper mache on the lightbulb. She had to do 2 layers...letting the first dry overnight. It was a little hard to be patient. :) 


Next Lainey painted the paper mached lightbulb all white. 



















Then she painted it black, leaving the white belly showing.  She glued on googly eyes and cut orange craft foam and glued that on for the feet and beak.  She was proud of her project...and so were we!

Sophie wanted to work on her project too...decorating her Valentine's Day box for her party at preschool.


Not to be left out, Sawyer needed a project too...so he played with playdough. :)

No comments: