I can hardly believe we moved to Nebraska when Sophie was 5 weeks old, and today I took her hand and walked her into elementary school for Kindergarten Round-Up. She was so excited, she kept asking all morning if it was time for lunch so she could get ready to go. She is more than ready with her birthday being in September; we debated what to do last year...send her, hold her? I'm glad we waited, as she has flourished in pre-school, developed skills of compassion and teaching, and is just so ready to jump into her Kindergarten year full-steam ahead. But, that doesn't mean I didn't walk into the building with just a little tug at my heart for my baby who is growing up just a little fast. I was excited with Sophie and for her today...but I have a couple months to get ready for the real thing yet. :)
Sophie with her Kindergarten Round-Up teacher, Mrs. Cesare.
She marched right in and got right to work. :)
I love this little girl! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment