February 1, 2011
My friend, Allison, has an amazing blog that I thoroughly enjoy reading. She is an amazing photographer, first of all, so just looking at her blog is a joy. But, beyond that, she has delicious recipes and fun ideas. If you're interested, it's www.thishomemadelife.com. On her site one day, she listed a recipe for salt dough and showed her boys making salt dough hearts for Valentine's Day. So, after doing centers for our first snow day, I needed to mix it up on Snow Day #2. I thought the Salt Dough magnet hearts for Valentine's Day would be a fun project for the kids. And, it was! We all had a great time! I LOVED watching the kids create, taking their time to paint their hearts in just the way they wanted it done. I think the grandparents and few others that received them for Valentine's Day enjoyed them as well.
Our Salt Dough Hearts
The kids other creations baking in the oven...a heart pot, a bumblebee, a doll bed (pillow included), and a snowman. I cannot remember what the top two small objects are. :)
Sophie concentrating on one of her hearts.
Lainey designing her hearts.
Sawyer LOVED painting the hearts...and spent more time painting than the girls, carefully making sure everything was JUST the way he wanted it. So cute!
What a FUN afternoon!
Beautiful creations!
No comments:
Post a Comment