Friday, August 29, 2008

Fun on the Farm!

Well, I am finally getting around to updating my blog! I have had Whooping Cough this week, and it has definitely put me in my place. Yeah, I know...I thought it was extinct too. :-) Thankfully, the kids are immunized against it, so it's just Matt I need to worry about. Hopefully it'll miss him. I must admit, it has been nice being in bed by 8PM and napping during the day so hard that I awake with the kids completely disoriented. However, I am warning anyone that stops by my house to beware...it truly is a disaster! I did buy two industrial size cans of Lysol at Wal-Mart when I stopped by after my doctor appointment and have gone through the entire house...door knobs, trash cans, etc. Enough about me...on to the blog....

My last blog was all about Sawyer because the girls made a trek to Matt's parent's farm for a little vacation. They had a GREAT time! They went swimming, played, baked with Grammy, checked pivots with Grandpa, played with the dogs and the new baby kitties, dressed up, pretended in the playhouse, jumped on the trampoline, ate ice cream, and numerous other activities. They were also able to visit their little cousin, Aldyn, Aunt Wendi and Uncle Mike, as well as Great-Grandpa Hersh, Great-Grandma Edna, and Great-Grandma Elaine. They also saw Aunt Mollie and her boyfriend, Adam (Sophie's biggest crush if you remember from previous blogs). They got to finish off the week with a night spent at Grandpa Marv's and Grandma Ellen's and a ride to Gretna with Uncle Russ in his pick-up truck. The girls came home with lots of pictures on their disposable cameras and many stories to tell. Talk about a fun-filled week!

Here are some pictures (courtesy of Grammy & some from the girls' disposable cameras)...and lists from the girls of their favorite things while they were on vacation...in no particular order.

Lainey

  • swimming
  • holding the baby kitties
  • petting the puppies and baby kitties
  • jumping on the trampoline
  • making a tent with Grammy
  • riding the tractor with Grandpa (Lainey told Grandpa Monte after riding with him for an hour, "This sure is hard work! We're going to be hungry and thirsty after this!")

Sophie

  • puppies & kitties
  • riding in the push thing (wheelbarrow) with Grandpa
  • I love to go play with Madge & Opal & Nina & Nina's baby kitties
  • I like to play with Hope & Cleo (the dogs)
  • I like to drink apple juice (ahh...the little things)
  • I like to play in the playhouse (an old fertilizer tank)
  • I like to hold Opal (one of the cats)





Great-Grandpa Hersh & Great-Grandma Edna ; Great-Grandma Elaine

cousin Aldyn

No comments: