Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Snip 'N Clip

So...what does Sophie want to be when she grows up? Well...after this weekend, the answer might be a beautician.

Sophie took herself and her Baby Belle doll to her own little Beauty Salon...a.k.a. her room. She took my scissors that she was using to do a craft and then hid it in her room. During her "nap" she went to work on her hair. And, we're not talking a little trim. You'll see in the pictures...she did quite a job on herself. Then, she hid the hair under her dresser (as if then I wouldn't notice!! I wonder what was going through her little mind?). All I could do was laugh. Good thing this will all be captured for eternity in our family pictures scheduled for November 22. :) Thank goodness it's just hair...and hair grows back. :)

You know...her spunky new do does fit her personality. But, we are now beginning the long tedious process of growing it back out. :)

Ahhh....little Sophie.



Here is some of the hair we pulled out from under her dresser.

Sophie's self-cut from the front...

...from the back...

...from the right-side...

...and from the left-side. :)

I didn't touch a thing but just chopped off the long piece in the back. I wanted to do as little as possible. I knew the professionals had little to work with...so I didn't want to make it worse!

My cousin, Holly, did an emergency cut from her house for us. She owns a salon in Lincoln. It's a cute cut given the circumstances (If she wouldn't have cut all her bangs clear up to the scalp, she wouldn't have done a half-bad job)...but I do have to do her hair every morning...you should have seen her bed head today! :) Sophie decided she can have a dressy look (in the black) or a "not-so-dressy" look in the blue...and wanted to make sure I put both in the pictures. So, I'm obliging. :)



I couldn't end the blog without a before and after:
Sophie at her class party on 10/27 and Sophie today 11/3

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Wendy! I had to smile the entire time I read this blog! She really does look cute with short hair!

Crys said...

Seriously, this made our day in Pierce. Another lady I teach with is just waiting for this to happen with one of her daughters.