Sophie drew Thanksgiving pictures of spaceships, a dump truck, and the Up House complete with lots of balloons! :)
Lainey drew an apple tree, pumpkins, and a house with a colored path. They are looking forward to decorating the windows for Christmas!
Sawyer and I were very lucky to be invited by Sophie to her Thanksgiving feast at preschool on Tuesday. It was so special, and she was BEAMING with pride!!!
Both Sophie and Lainey made placemats at school this year for Thanksgiving. The girls have felt so special using them at the table each day...we're so blessed to have such great teachers/schools.
Giving Thanks
- First and foremost, I am SO thankful for God...to know He is there for me, loves me always, and cherishes me. What a gift!
- I am thankful for my husband who works so hard which allows me to stay home with our children. I am thankful when the door handle turns, and I hear excited squeals arise from our kiddos because I know how much they love their daddy and how much he loves them! I am thankful that he is handy around the house...and especially for the awesome shelves he just installed (see my next post)!
- Each night during prayers we always say who and what we are thankful for. And, every year before Christmas we go through our toys and give some to those kids who are not as fortunate as we are. The kids got this last year; I was surprised. They'll really get it this year and have already started talking about it. They love dropping money into the little red buckets when they hear the bells at the storefronts...and they know what that means. I am in awe of their giving nature, their tender spirits. In these wonderful blessed seasons of Thanksgiving and Christmas that can become so commercialized, it can be so hard to stay focused on what the seasons really mean. I am SO thankful for my kids and the little people they are and who they are becoming.
- family
- health
- my freedom and those who have sacrificed and continue to sacrifice to make that possible
- my children's wonderful teachers and the education they are fortunate to receive
- a warm and wonderful place to call "Home"
- wonderful friends and neighbors
- food to eat
- employment
- opportunities
- and SO much more!
We went out to Village Pointe this year and attended the Lighting of the Tree. There was a small parade and Santa's arrival along with other special guests...The Grinch, The Who Family, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, and Captain Hook, Santa's Elves, etc. Carolers and Cold Stone ice cream completed our evening! Fun! Of course, the PERFECT weather didn't hurt either! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment