Yesterday was Bring-a-Friend day in Lainey's dance class. With no hesitation at all she knew she was going to bring Sophie...and Sophie could not have been more excited to put on that little pink leotard and actually get to dance WITH the dance class instead of in the back of the room standing by me and Sawyer. All afternoon Lainey gave Sophie instructions about listening to the teacher, pointing her toes in, then out, no screaming in class, etc. Both of them were excited to be with the other at dance. As much as they fight like cats throughout the day, the girls truly are the very best of friends. They came home and continued to play dance class while I got dinner ready. It was a kick listening to them while I was in the kitchen. You can see by the pictures just how much fun Sophie had in class. I was videotaping most of the time so kind of forgot about my camera sitting on the table during some of the song routines. Oh..and yes, I do realize that they are holding onto chairs for the ballet bar...this is supposed to be a temporary location...we shall see.
(I just have to throw this in because I think it's so sweet....Last night as my little very, very overtired Sophie was crying as she was having a tough time falling asleep because she was upset about the new light bulb in her lamp; Lainey brought in a very special picture of a sunflower and the sun that she had worked so hard to color that afternoon. Sophie cuddled up as best she could to the construction paper picture and fell fast asleep. And, when she awoke in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, she looked all over for her picture before she drifted back to sleep because as she told me it's her "special picture from Nainey because she loves me so much." Sometimes they really do get it.)
1 comment:
The pictures of your two little girls dancing are just precious!
Post a Comment