Monday, October 27, 2008

Under the Weather


Well, the long season has started at our house...the season of sickness. Sawyer woke up Sunday morning with a high fever and was just really under the weather all day long until getting sick Sunday evening. Today he was lethargic and just wanted to be held and snuggled. You could tell he just hurt every time he moved. He finally ate late afternoon...some applesauce...and some cooked noodles tonight. He's been drinking water thankfully the last two days and had some Gatorade tonight. What mother's heart doesn't just ache for her baby (no matter how old) to see them sick or in pain? All we want is to kiss them, hold them, rock them, and make it all better. I watch his little eyes look into mine, pleading to help him feel better. I just pray that he sleeps through the night and awakes in the morning feeling much more like his smiley happy little boy self.

We've also been sanitizing our hands (a lot) throughout the day. I am heading to clean the bathrooms right after posting this...just in case. It's nearly impossible when one gets sick that the rest won't follow, but we'll do our best. He does have big sisters that constantly want to love, love, love on him. Which is wonderful...when he feels well...he barely had the energy to ward them off the last 2 days this time...not to mention the germs that are swapped when the lovin' happens.

So, I'm crossing our fingers we'll all be healthy the rest of the week and nobody will be sick for trick-or-treating. It'll be a sad night if that happens, so we won't think of that now....and we'll just hope this is a one-time, one-shot bug.

'Tis the start of the season...only this isn't the season I like.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Poor Sawyer...hope he feels better soon...and that no one else gets the bug!