Friday, October 31, 2008

Many Mini Mummies

I made these party favor mummies for Lainey's pre-school Halloween party today. They were so easy that I thought I would share. They are simply toilet paper rolls cut in half then wrapped in muslin strips. (The idea is from Family Fun magazine and called for 2" wide gauze, but I thought that would be too expensive so did the muslin strips instead. I used the bleached muslin but the natural would be cute...giving it a more aged look.) You cut out circles from white cardstock and tape with packing tape to one end of the tube. Next, tape one end of the strip of fabric to the tube and start wrapping, tucking the end into the fabric when done. Glue the googly eyes on, and you're finished. I thought they turned out cute, and the kids really liked them.



Happy Halloween, everyone! Pics of the kids to follow soon!

No comments: