Monday, February 21, 2011

Market to Market

October 2010

When my cousin, Amy, asked me to run in in the Market to Market Relay in October, I reluctantly agreed.  I'm SO glad that I did!  I ran with a group of my cousins (and some of my cousin's in-laws)...and we had a blast!!  I didn't train as much as I should have...but at the end of the day...I ran and finished my portion of the race and felt great that I accomplished it (despite the slight dehydration after my 2nd leg...I always do have a problem drinking my water).  :)  Live and Learn!

The Kellerstock Jocks
Michelle, Jason, John, Lynn, Jeff, Amy, Matt, Wendy

The Market to Market is an 86 mile relay run from the Omaha Old Market to Lincoln Haymarket.  Relay teams can have 6 to 8 members...ours had 8, thankfully, so three of us only had to run 2 legs instead of 3.  :)  The race is run on all sorts of terrain through beautiful scenery.  And, we just happened to luck-out and have the MOST gorgeous weather!  I hope to train better this year (after my foot heals..slowly but surely) and be a better asset to the team.  (We'll see what this surgery brought...but hopefully good things!)

My cousin, Amy, the Mastermind behind this whole thing.  :) 

My cousins: Jason-Lynn-Lynn's husband, Jeff-Amy 

Only in Nebraska...do runners have to move out of the way for a combine coming down the road.  :)

 Matt coming up to his exchange.

Amy, Lynn, me and Michelle  



Coming up the path after my 2nd leg...slightly dehydrated.  :) 

handing off the timer to Matt 

me & Amy...thanks for getting this started, Amy!



No comments: