Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One of the Best



October 7, 2010


On October 7, we had to say good-bye to one of the best here on earth.  Matt's grandma, Elaine Turnquist, passed away surrounded by lots of people who loved her.

It's rare these days to find someone so humble.  From the moment I first met her, it was easy to love her and respect her.  Grandma Elaine never judged anyone and always made me feel loved and wanted...as she did everyone to come in contact with her.  She had a quiet and gentle way about her, yet you know where she stood.  She was just a good woman, never speaking an unkind word about others.  She and my grandma are Lainey's namesakes.  When Lainey asks about her name, I'll be happy Matt and I can share Grandma Elaine with her.

Although our hearts ache because we miss her, we rejoice because we know she's dancing or more likely playing the organ for those dancing in the streets of heaven.

August 2010

Great-Grandma Elaine meeting Lainey for the first time

Sophie checking out her Great-Grandma for the first time

Holding Sawyer for the first time

Most happy surrounded by family 




1 comment:

Mollie said...

Wen,

This was an awesome post. I love seeing the old pictures from when each of the kids met her for the first time. So precious.

Love you!
Mo