Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July

The 4th of July was interesting this year...weather-wise at least. It was the 2nd coldest on record here. We watched fireworks in jeans, sweatshirts and blankets. Weird! But, nonetheless it was Independence Day! I often take for granted my freedom here in the United States of America and just how very, very lucky I am and my children are to live here! Thank you to all who are away from families right now fighting for freedom and for all who fought in the past so that we may live as we do now! Thank you again and again and again!

*Friday, July 3rd, Uncle Scottie stopped by unexpectedly on his way home from Kansas City. He came with fireworks and arrived just in time after baths to put on a show for the girls.

*Look at these little firecrackers! And, that they are! We don't raise quiet, docile children here...and (most days) I'm OK with that. :)
*In trying to get all three to look at me at the same time and smile I was making a funny sound with my mouth in which they all simultaneously started trying to copy. Stinkers. :) Pictures over.
*In the previous post you'll remember that Matt got a basketball hoop for Father's Day. He and my dad (my parents were up for a surprise birthday party for my aunt) cemented the pole into the ground. You'll have to ask Matt how many bags of quick-dry cement that took..the answer that I know is "many". Here we are marking the kiddos hand prints.

*Matt and Lainey rode around the block several time waiting for fireworks. Sophie rode in the bike seat and Sawyer and neighbor boy, Nolan, rode in the trailer. They had a good time. One of the kids' favorite things about the 4th was (of course playing with their friends) but the fact that the street was blocked off and they could play in the street was much as they wanted! It's the little things. :)
*I just had to take a picture of this gorgeous sunset. The colors were simply beautiful on this cool and drizzly day. I heard later on the news that the colors (which of course aren't done justice with my camera) were so pretty because of volcanic ash in the air.
*Of course, the night ended with fireworks, fireworks, fireworks. Here's a picture of the truckload that was lit of later in the night...in addition to what was lit off throughout the afternoon/evening.

It was just a really nice weekend!
Happy Birthday, America!

No comments: