We were so lucky to get to meet up with my friend, Shannon (from high school), and her family at the zoo last week. It was great to see them as it had been almost 2 years! The kids had a great time together.

Bart (Shannon's husband) was gracious enough to just enjoy the zoo with the kids while Shannon and I gabbed and gabbed. :)
Bart (Shannon's husband) was gracious enough to just enjoy the zoo with the kids while Shannon and I gabbed and gabbed. :)
The kids (my 3) and Shannon's 2 (Cole & Allie) loved watching the train every chance they got.

One of the park officials let the kids feel cat pelts. Shannon and Bart's little girl, Allie, was often more interested in my boisterous children. :)
One of the park officials let the kids feel cat pelts. Shannon and Bart's little girl, Allie, was often more interested in my boisterous children. :)
An attempt at a tent in the afternoon heat. This day I was a rockstar mom to my kids simply because I made this tent and made the swim Barbies towels out of an old hand towel. Gotta love the little things like these!! :)
Oh yeah...I also power-washed all the spiders and spiderwebs out of the playhouses and arranged them into a little "neighborhood" for the kids. Here they are enjoying popsicles. They've discovered them all over again! :)
We enjoyed a WONDERFUL night Saturday with some of my family who lives around Lincoln/Omaha. We went to Soaring Wings Vineyard and enjoyed the live smooth Jazz band and the delectable wine (and yummy appetizers everyone brought too). The weather was absolutely perfect, and the scenery is just gorgeous. Add in the conversation and it was a spectacular night!
No comments:
Post a Comment