Monday, October 12, 2009

Humphrey Bazaar!

We made a quick up and back trip to the Humphrey Bazaar the first Sunday of October. Again this year we were not disappointed. We are simply amazed by the incredible meal that is served, the fun games the kids get to play and the prizes on the prize list. It's fun to watch the auction as well and see the beautiful quilts and other items that the sewing ladies work on all year. Of course, I love the country store full of craft items and fresh canned goods. There are just so many people the come together to make this day work. It is truly a love of community.


I rarely saw my Grandma Sunday. It's hard to believe this woman will be 88 this year. Here she is manning the quilt chances table for her couple hour shift. She also cooked food, helped sew the quilts and other handmade goods, sold raffle tickets, of course played some Bingo and other games I'm sure. ...and really who knows what else. I'm sure she had other things that she was commited to. I do know that she had two huge kettles of homemade soup in the fridge for us for supper before we went home...and a sack of cucumbers from her garden for me because she knows home much Lainey loves them. I sure do hope I got lots of her genes!

Sawyer driving the kiddie cars.

Kiddie car ride. I really didn't have my camera with me much that day...just too busy I guess.

Sophie driving the kiddie car.

My mom...still healing from surgery...and Lainey after winning one of her prizes.

No comments: