Monday, October 12, 2009
School Lunch
Lainey is LOVING school...which I knew she would. But, selfishly, I sure do miss her during the day. So, I had to bring her teacher's birthday gift up from the class the other morning (I'm one of the room moms for Kindergarten), and I planned it so we could have lunch with Lainey. It's been a long time since I carried a plastic tray through the lunch line (not as long as some as I did occasionally indulge in the hot lunch when I taught middle school)...but Lainey showed me the ropes as we lined up with her class and walked down to the lunch room. I don't know who was prouder...Lainey as she walked around her classroom and went through the lunchline like a pro...or me, as I watched her at school amongst her friends, following the rules, doing everything she was told. I packed a lunch for Sophie and Sawyer, and they thought it was so special eating lunch AT SCHOOL with their big sister. We even followed her out to recess and played on the playground. What a fabulous afternoon for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment