Monday, November 7, 2011
Day 1 - The Happy Day Project
Today was Day 1 of The Happy Day Project...Treat to a Neighbor. The day started off with 2 kiddos home sick with the flu that came on last night. So, I wasn't sure I was going to keep my end of the bargain today. But, while the kids watched a movie this afternoon, I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
There is a gal that moved into our neighborhood quite some time ago. She doesn't live right by us, but her house is kind of set on its own...on the corner by empty lots. I don't have any excuse for not stopping by to bring something and introduce myself...I just haven't. The kids were excited to take the treat by when we talked about it yesterday...but today's events changed their coming along. So, I stopped on my way to run errands tonight...nobody home. It was about 8:15 when I got back home and noticed her lights on. So, I stopped.
Her name is Jane. The look on her face, delightful surprise. I honestly saw physical happiness spread through her entire presence. So delightful, so warm, so kind. We had a wonderful conversation during our brief visit, and I have promised to come by with the kids some time.
So, Day 1 of The Happy Day Project..total success...and the one feeling most happy...definitely me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so wonderful what you are doing. Very inspiring! And you are making me happy reading about your happiness project.
Post a Comment