Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 5 - The Happy Day Project

.

Well, I assumed with today being Veteran's Day that Day 5 would be Appreciate Those in Service...but it turns out that is tomorrow's.  We're doing a little flip-flop around here.  So, our Day 5 of The Happy Day Project...Appreciate Those in Service.  It was very fitting today to go shopping for our shoebox fillings to ship to a soldier and talk with the kids about those who leave their families to go far, far away to make sure that we and others can live happily and how we want to live...free.  We also talked about Veterans and how thankful we are for those that gave so much so we can live like we do today.


I just finished reading an incredible book...Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, an inspirational story about a WWII soldier and POW.  It truly is unbelievable the sacrifices that have been made for my freedom and for that I am TRULY, TRULY thankful and so very blessed!


So, I hope this little care package we're sending brings a smile to a soldier's face to let them know we are thinking about them and praying for them.  ...and just so very thankful!



No comments: